Paul Bunyan Education Cooperative - Early Childhood

help me grow logo with colored building blocks
image of our sign

Early Childhood: Special Education Overview

Services for qualified children may be provided at home, school, or in a preschool setting. Children are assessed to determine if there are special needs. Some of the services available are speech, occupational or physical therapy, hearing and vision evaluations, behavior management and linking families to multi-agency services. If you have any concerns about your child’s development contact your local school district and ask for your Early Childhood Education Specialist or contact the coordinators listed below.

You can download our Help Me Grow referral form in PDF format, complete it, and email it to .

Referrals can also be made to the State-Wide Referral system at

For further information contact:

Julie Domino, Coordinator
Bonnie Henningson, Coordinator
Aitkin, Crosby-Ironton, Pequot Lakes, Pillager, Pine River-Backus
218 454-5522 218 454-5526

Help Me Grow Intake Tyler Ihmels, B-7 Coordinator
218 454-5534 218 454-5507